Thursday, May 31, 2007

Arnold and Sarge Lively Blazed by Team D-Wright

After months of taunts, trash talking and guarantees, Geef, Santi, Arnold and Sarge took the court for the first annual Memorial Day Slaughter-fest. It was never close.

Team D-Wright came out of the gates swinging, led by Santi's 15 assists, 10 steals and 8 rebounds. Geef took Sarge to the hole all night, blazing him with a fine display of post moves the lefty had never seen before. Geef finished with 15 points, 20 rebounds and 8 steals.

"We never had a chance. I mean, I thought we would at least score a point, but they were too ill." - Sarge (0-32)

The 15-0 first game was even surprising to team D-Wright, who although they knew they would win, did not foresee this masacre.

"I figured since they said we wouldn't score against them they would at least score one point. Honestly, it looked like they had never played before" - Santi

"Well, I've played one-on-one agaisnt Arnold many times and it has always been ugly for him. I thought Sarge would give him a boost...I was wrong." - Geef

Equally as confusing were the pre-game taunts made by the Lively boys. Sarge claimed his opponents would "crawl back to the beach", and Arnold stated that he "wouldn't miss a shot".

"What can I say? Brad's shot was on, he was dominating me on the boards and I couldn't keep him in front of me. We got Blazed." - Sarge

"I don't think those two will ever lose a 2 on 2 match." - Arnold (0-23)

The second game was more of the first, with the Lively's demanding breaks and pleading with the ref to force team D-Wright to play with their off hands. The ref wouldn't budge.

"They were complaining like Iverson out there. I just told them to lose with class." - JTG

Even the Lively parents couldnt belive it.

"Team D-Wright made my boys cry in the car ride home." - Mr. Lively

Alsmost as soon as it was over the Lively boys demanded a rematch. More information will be given on the date of the second massacre.

No comments: